Friday, February 10, 2012

I assume if you're reading this article that you're familiar with the free website service known as Weebly. The people at Weebly say that their software is the easiest way to create and publish a website on-line, and I agree, but I have issues.


There are thousands of people just like me who have experience building websites with both Dreamweaver and GoLive. Most of us earn a very good living with these tools and wouldn't think of using anything else. Then along comes Weebly. What kind of a name is Weebly anyway?

Recently I decided to build a little website with this toy of a program know as Weebly. And after doing so, I want to give you my top 5 reasons why you do not want to build your own Weebly website.

Ease of Use

Weebly is so simple to use that a monkey can do it.* And that's the problem. I've spent years developing my web design skills so that I can charge $100 an hour to create websites for people just like you. If you decide to build your own website with Weebly, the days of me building websites for $100 an hour are over. Who in their right mind would pay me to build a beautiful, functional web site when they can do it themselves without a technician? Please, I have a family to support.

Cost

Weebly is completely free. And when I say free, I mean free. You don't have to purchase software. You don't have to purchase server space from a hosting company. You don't even have to pay a technician to make change for you.

Weebly will not only make it impossible for me to earn money building websites, but it will take away my ability to charge you to host and service your site after I build it. How can I support myself when Weebly is taking away my ability to do so. It isn't right.

Service


I don't think it's right that you as a customer should expect me to get back to you immediately every time you have a simple question about your site. It sets up the wrong impression. If I jumped every time you contacted me with a problem, you would begin to take me for granted. Besides, I have a life.

In this case, the problem isn't with Weebly, it's with the entire community of Weebly users at TakeOnTheNet who are on the net day and night ready to answer Weebly questions for anyone with a Weebly website. All I can say to those people is, "Get a life."

Features

Dreamweaver and Golive are the most comprehensive website development programs on the planet. They can do everything. When you have a site built with one of these programs it's the same as telling your friends that you have the Mercedes-Benz of websites. Think of the pride you'll feel.

Yes, Weebly can do everything you want on your site, but that's not the point. You can add photos, text, slide shows, video, audio, credit cards, advertising, contact forms, flash files, maps, calendars, custom headers, unlimited pages and blogs. You can choose from over 20 beautiful designs and have your own domain name too, but again, that's not the point. The point is, you want to be able to tell people that your website is better because it was built with Dreamweaver and it was expensive. When I build a website for you, you'll be proud of it.

Marketing

Web designers like myself don't just design web sites for people like you, we help you market your sites too. This is one of the main ways we earn money from you after your site is built. It's also one of the most profitable things we do in our business.

Weebly is trying to lure you away from that part of our business by telling you that you can do this yourself without our help. They've even creating links to popular social networking sites to help you get started. Worse yet, sites like TakeOnTheNet offer a Weebly website marketing course loaded with tips on SEO, SEM, PPC, linking strategies and social networking to help you market your site for free. They're giving away our secrets and taking money out of our pocket. It's just not fair.

Please, don't go to Weebly to build your own website. While you're at it, don't go to TakeOnTheNet to learn how to use this software either. It's not fair to our brotherhood of web developers if you're capable of building a website in two hours without going though an apprentice program first. And don't tell your friends about this software either. Just say, "No!"



Article Source: www.EzineArticles.com/820747

1 comment:

  1. So... I don't understand. Is this some sort of reverse psychology your trying to use on people, or are you just angry with the ideals of weebly? These don't seem like valid reasons to tell people to not use weebly, simply because you have complaints about business being taken away from you.

    ReplyDelete